Aircraft Cost Assessment – Internship (all gender)
Department: Strategy & Sales
Start date: 10/2023
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/aircraft-cost-assessment-internship-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You will be directly integrated into the Marketing & Sales team and at the very heart where everything is decided! Your role will be to take charge of our Operational Cost Model for our aircraft ATEA. This model is used to forecast Direct Operating Costs and Total Cost of Ownership to later present to our commercial prospects and strategic technical partners.
A first model has been built but would need to be updated or even started again from scratch! You decide based on what you think is best!
This internship will be at the crossroads of finance, marketing and engineering as you’ll need to use skills from all three: building financial models, understanding the underlying market and use the same techniques to gather data than for a market study and finally understand the technology by talking to the engineering team to make sure that the forecast is the closest possible to the aircraft architecture.
If you want to learn with a hands-on, challenging environment where your actions will have a direct impact on the image Ascendance has in the outside world – get on board!
- Understand Ascendance technology and its building blocks
- Assess operational costs for every components of the operations based on benchmark, analysis and discussion with the Engineering team and our Partners
- Update the model and forecast costs that will ultimately be presented to our commercial prospects and strategic technical partners
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- Are fluent in English
- Are passionate about new technology
- Have a business or engineering degree with a strong interest for technology is you’re coming from a business background and finance/marketing if you’re coming from an engineering one
- Have market study skills and are not afraid to gather information on your own by looking online but most and foremost, by talking to people that are experts in the field!
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Are sensitive to the climate change impacts
- Are dreaming about flying since you were a kid
- Have an experience building cost model
- Have an experience building market/operational forecast in aviation
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- Are a hands-on person that enthusiastically do things on its own
What we offer :
- A place where you can have a real impact
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance (supported to 50% by AFT)
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences.