Airworthiness Engineer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/airworthiness-engineer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation !
This position is attached to the Office of Airworthiness & Safety of the company, its scope being at aircraft level. It consequently includes a transversal and coordination role.
As such, you will directly support and report to the Head of the Office of Airworthiness & Safety on one hand, and you will interface with all departments of the Design Organisation (DO) on the other hand.
In the challenging context of VTOL aircraft certification, and at this stage of ATEA development firstly targeting the First Flight of ATEA demonstrator.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Consolidate the type certification basis, OSD certification basis and environmental requirements that will be proposed to EASA, in collaboration with the Airworthiness Panel Leaders nominated for a specific technical/discipline scope (Panel).
- Support the engineering teams in the interpretation of the requirements and in the preparation of MOCs. Identify topics that deserve further discussions with EASA and establish the rationale with the Head of Office of Airworthiness and Safety and the Ascendance Airworthiness Panel Leaders.
- Establish and follow-up the aircraft Compliance Check List (CCL)
- Establish A/C level Plans related to airworthiness demonstration and ensure their consistency with sub-level Plans. This includes :
- The Plan for the Approval of Flight Conditions and Permit to Fly for ATEA Demonstrator Standard
- The Certification Programme Plan for the ATEA TC Standard
- Prepare A/C level meetings with EASA and support the DO teams for preparing system level meetings or specific meetings with EASA.
- Liaise with the “Integration, Verification & Validation” Department and the Flight Test Organisation and coordinate with Compliance Verification Engineers (CVEs) for all issues related to airworthiness demonstration.
- Ensure that all documents required by EASA and/or DGAC in the frame of Approval of Flight Conditions / Permit to Fly, and in the frame of Type Certification are adequately prepared and that their contents is complete. This includes Flight Manuals, Maintenance Programme and Manuals, OSD data, etc…
- Prepare the A/C level summaries gathering all the outcomes of the airworthiness activities defined in the A/C level plans.
The job has been made for you if you have : 🛠
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in airworthiness related activities
- Good knowledge of EASA organization and processes for aircraft Type Certification and Approval of Flight Conditions
- Hands-on experience of airworthiness compliance demonstration, at least at A/C System and/or ATA level.
- Thorough knowledge of EASA Certification Specifications (CS-23 or CS-27 or CS-25 as a minimum) and major Technical Standards applied during Type Certification Process (for instance: DO-160/, DO-178, etc…)
- Knowledge of the overall EASA regulatory environment
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Are sensitive to the climate change impacts
- Put the safety of passengers as first priority
- Have ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment
- Have ability to coordinate activities and engage people
- Are rigorous and delivery-oriented
- Are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- Are passionate about new tech and their challenges in terms of safety and airworthiness.
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- Restaurant tickets
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference checks
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences.