Airworthiness – internship (all gender)
Start date: 06/03/2023
Duration: 6 months
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/airworthiness-internship-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
For new generation of VTOL aircraft, as ATEA developed by Ascendance Flight Technologies, EASA issued the special conditions (SC) and published associated MOCs (Means of Compliance).
On a methodology standpoint, a new compliance check list (CCL) structure must be defined as first step and implemented in a tool.
Your role will be to develop the new CCL structure for SC-VTOL and then to apply it to ATEA aircraft, with adequate selection of relevant MOCs, either from the generic MOC list from EASA or from other CS requirements (mainly CS-23 and CS-27).
Reporting directly to the Head of Office of Airworthiness, your main responsibilities will be:
- Propose the Compliance Check List (CCL) structure
- Investigate the best tool for implementation, considering ATEA development environment (Ex: Dassault Systems ENOVIA is the tool managing requirements)
- Work with all the Design Teams to identify the possible MOCs, develop the justification and to record all CCL-relevant data
- Assist the Head of Airworthiness for preparing EASA meetings related to CCL and MOCs
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many issues to tackle regarding communications networks and associated developments. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team to find global compromise while being given a high level view of the aircraft and propulsion system’s requirements.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- Look for a Specialized Master internship
- You learnt about airworthiness during your academic courses
- You have synthesis and coordination skills
- You speak english
- You are enthusiast about working on all aircraft systems and interfacing with all design teams
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- You are looking for a 5 to 6 months internship starting in Mars 2023
- You are passionate about new tech or eVTOL
- You want to work in a deep tech startup that will change the way people travel
- You want to face complex but thrilling challenges
- You like to work in a dynamic environment
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent short call Interview
- Technical Interview with Janick, our Head of Airworthiness & internship mentor !
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences.