Cockpit System Designer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/cockpit-system-designer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
As a Cockpit Systems Engineer you will be working on the design and validation of avionics systems that help the pilot to better use and understand and pilot our hybrid aircraft. You will be working on an innovative display, flight management system, flight awareness system, flight warning system and control panel of this non-conventional aircraft. Directly reporting to the Avionics leader, you will therefore help to develop the systems from concept through design as well as integration, test, and verification. You will ensure compliance with certification, operational and performance requirements.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Maturing the concepts through the use of flow diagrams and interaction scenarios
- Take part of the design & development of the flight management system and flight awareness system
- Take part of the design & development the Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) of the cockpit displays, Flight Warning System and control panel
- Work on System Description Document (SDD) and Interface control document (ICD)
- Safety & reliability analysis support
- Capturing needs from stakeholders (i.e. Authorities, Pilots and Flight Tests engineers)
- Apply human factors principles, methodologies, and technologies to the design of HMI
- Define associated Verification and Validation means, from digital models to experimental test benches
- Support lab, ground and flight test and Analyze the test data to verify system performance and functionality
- Work on the certification plans to EASA standards
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale test benches are running, while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many design decisions to take, regarding systems behavior, communication networks and associated developments.
The job has been made for you if you have : 🛠
- A master degree from Computer Engineering, Aeronautical engineering, Human Machine Interaction, Electric/Electronic Engineering related field.
- 4+ years of experience in Avionics and/or HMI design and/or development in a complex context, preferably in aerospace systems
- Familiarity with software development cycles
- Experience in systems monitoring and flight management
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills
It will be a plus if you have:
- Good knowledge and experience with DO-178C, DO-254 and D-O160 standards
- An experience of CS-23 and CS-27 certification requirements
- Background in Human Factors
- ATA31 and ATA34 systems knowledge
- An hands-on experience in design, integration and test
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Are sensitive to the climate change impacts
- Have ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team
- Be solution and delivery-oriented
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are fluent in English writing and speaking
- You are passionate about new tech
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
LET’S JOIN US !
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences.