Composite Design Engineer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/composite-design-engineer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi-3
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You are an experienced composite structural design engineer with an aerospace background and have demonstrated experience in the design of primary and secondary composite structures. Within a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary team you will develop and refine the state-of-the-art structure of the aircraft.
Your main responsibilities will be :
Responsible for composite and metallic design, airframe structural configuration layouts and detailed design including structural layouts, preliminary sizing, joint layouts and part design, utilizing metallic and composite materials.
Responsible for changes to CAD models, drawings and other documents in support of the product.
Participating in design trade studies, creating and maintaining interfaces and coordination with other engineering departments.
Support BOM, Change Control processes, including weight management and the release process with engineering and PLM.
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many issues to tackle regarding communications networks and associated developments.
The job has been made for you if you have : 🛠
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree (MSc, PhD)
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience as structural design engineer designing composite and metallic structure.
- Extensive CAD experience and demonstrated ability in developing and designing product solutions.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management tools
- Experience in the design and implementation of composite structures as solutions to challenging engineering requirement
- Track record of successfully performing light-weight, composite design projects
- Familiarity with a variety of high-performance composite manufacturing processes, process limitations, and post-processing of advanced composite components
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Are sensitive to the climate change impacts
- Have ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team
- Be solution and delivery-oriented
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are passionate about new tech
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- Restaurant Tickets
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
LET’S JOIN US !
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences