eDrive Lead (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/edrive-lead-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
The eDrive is at the core of our hybrid propulsion system and consists of both the electric motor and inverter in both motor and generator operating modes.
As eDrive lead, you will be a key member of the propulsion team at Ascendance to push us at the forefront of technology on this system.
Working with the hybrid architect, you will derive the hybrid system’s functional and performance requirements onto your system leading to the design, implementation and test of your proposed solutions. Within the Sterna team you will be highly involved in the development of our aircraft, ATEA as well as the numerous testbenches that pave the way for certified flight; moreover, you will contribute to the development of our standalone propulsion system, STERNA in various use cases and as such you shall be deeply aware of the various technologies available on the market as well as associated suppliers in order to adapt your solutions to different use cases.
- Lead the design effort on the propulsion system’s key element, the eDrives.
- Push forward you solutions in terms of motor and controller technology as well as associated suppliers
- Pilot the suppliers through the whole product lifecycle: specification, supplier selection, joint design phase, interface definition, development, testing and integration within the propulsion system
- Propose and implement the specification, interface definition and supplier selection as well as integration of the eDrives.
- Build a cutting-edge integration for high performance electric motors and power electronics with a focus on thermal behavior and taking into account EMC interactions.
- Ensure safe and reliable use of electrical propulsion in the entire flight envelope of the aircraft.
- Model and predict performance on the electrical machines including transient behavior and failure cases.
- Lead, hands-on, the integration and testing campaign phases of your system as well as the aircraft flight tests.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has extensive experience in designing or integrating cutting-edge electrical machines and power electronics with high safety, reliability and performance requirements.
- Has deep understanding of inverter technology in both the power and control stages, being able to assess a system’s performance and certifiability.
- Is used to design and develop innovative thermal, mechanical and electrical, including EMC/EMI, integration solutions for high voltage electrical networks.
- Is able to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team.
In a nutshell, we are looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in electrical powertrain design, implementation and testing preferably in on-board systems.
- Proven experience with handling suppliers
- A hands-on innovative approach to electrical engineering with a taste for challenging problems.
- A proven track record of implementing safe and reliable powertrains.
- Knowledge of the aeronautics industry and its specific set of constraints.
It would be a plus if you:
- Have experience in prototyping.
- Have experience of CS-23 and/or CS-27 certification requirements
- Have experience with CS-E certification requirements
- Have knowledge of the SC-E19 certification standard and associated MOCs
- Have experience in industry standards such as DO-254, DO-178, DO-160.
- Have experience in developing systems under ARP 4754.
- Know hybrid propulsion systems.
- Know and use UML/SysML modelling language.
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Have the ability to work autonomously
- Are open-minded in terms of processes and solutions with a drive for innovation
- Are a team player that leverages your teammates skills and mindset to reach your objectives
- Are able to work in a multi-project environment with flexibility and deliverable oriented
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance (supported to 50% by AFT)
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
LET’S JOIN US !
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences