Electric & Hybrid Propulsion System Engineer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/electric-hybrid-propulsion-system-engineer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi-1
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation !
Within the STERNA team you will be the assigned system engineer to cover the EHPS (Electric and Hybrid Propulsion System) development within Sterna developments including ATEA. You will be in charge of making sure that aircraft requirements and design principles are cascaded down to the propulsion system specifications.
You will be in charge of ensuring full traceability between aircraft demands and the EHPS subsystems specifications within your perimeter as well as maintaining overall design coherence. This includes specifications, functional and logical modeling, validation and verification compliance, as well as setting up adequate processes for demonstrators and type certification preparation.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Setting up the functional analysis and logical modeling
- Ensuring the traceability from aircraft stakeholder need specification onto EHPS specification
- Determining EHPS needs specifications for EHPS subsystems by allocating requirements to the various subsystems
- Supporting the design trade-offs
- Consolidating the system engineering processes and adapt for demonstrators / type certification
- Interfacing with RAMS engineering team, as well as technical experts on each system
- Coordinating Sterna team’s response to aircraft specification including MOC definition and IVV efforts
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- Have a strong experience (7+ years) in system engineering for aerospace applications
- Have good knowledge of propulsion system design in an aircraft environment and design convergence
- Are comfortable with Dassault System 3DX environment or equivalent
- Are comfortable with Model Based System Engineering constructs
- Have proven experience in managing complex systems
- Are comfortable with working within an flexible environment with requirements still under construction
- Preferably have an experience of CS-23 and CS-27 certification requirements
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Have the ability to work autonomously
- Are open-minded in terms of processes and solutions with a drive for innovation
- Are a team player that leverages your teammates skills and mindset to reach your objectives
- Are able to work in a multi-project environment with flexibility and deliverable oriented
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- Restaurant ticket
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences.