Embedded Software Developer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/embedded-software-developer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
Your role : 🔎
The avionics embedded software is at the core of our constrained avionics systems providing control, communication, data exchange and IHM to guarantee reliable flight operations, by respecting the functional requirements as well as aeronautics authorities constraints.
As Embedded Software Developer, you will be a key member of the software team at Ascendance to push us at the forefront of software technology on the whole system.
Working with the software architect lead, you will derive the avionics functional and performance requirements onto your software leading to the design, implementation and test of your proposed solutions. Within the software team you will be highly involved in the development of our aircraft, ATEA as well as the numerous testbenches that pave the way for certified flight; moreover, you will contribute to the development of our standalone propulsion system, STERNA in various use cases and as such you shall be deeply aware of the various technologies available on the market as well as associated suppliers in order to adapt your solutions to different use cases.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Propose the specification, interface definition and design of embedded software to respond to ATEA system requirements.
- Ensure applicable safety standards are respected through our software development process.
- Contribute to warrant the DO-178 certification path for our ATEA embedded software.
- Contribute to improve our avionics software process development.
- Push forward solutions in terms of innovative algorithms and embedded constrained software applied to avionics.
- Hands-on the integration and testing campaign phases in terms of SIL/MIL/HIL as well as the aircraft flight tests.
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many challenges to tackle regarding embedded software development. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team to find global compromise while being given a high level view of the aircraft and propulsion system’s requirements.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- Have 5+ experience in designing cutting-edge software architectures under hard-constrained environments.
- Have proven knowledge of at least one industry safety standard (DO-178, ISO26262, etc.).
- Have knowledge of the aeronautics industry and its specific set of constraints.
- Have knowledge of UML/SysML semantics and modeling tools.
- Have procedural and object oriented programming skills (C/C++, Java, etc.)
- Matlab/Simulink knowledges will be a plus
- Have a hands-on innovative approach to embedded software engineering with a taste for challenging problems.
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Have the ability to work autonomously
- Are open-minded in terms of processes and solutions with a drive for innovation
- Are a team player that leverages your teammates skills and mindset to reach your objectives
- Are able to work in a multi-project environment with flexibility and deliverable-oriented goals.
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance (supported to 50% by AFT)
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences