Embedded Software engineer
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You will be responsible for taking our software designs to certification. Using to the fullest extent the test facilities at your disposal, you will design, build and implement a safety focused software architecture to unify the company’s software products.
Directly reporting to the Head of embedded intelligence, you will be in charge of leading our software development efforts by proposing a future proof software architecture and an associated development roadmap.
Solution-oriented, you are enthousiaste about making well designed products and have an attention to detail. You will contribute to both of Ascendance’s products : ATEA and STERNA.
- Deliver the certified software architecture destined toward certification for both the Energy Management System and Flight Management System as well as future software products of the company.
- Perform safety analysis to identify requirements for redundancy, safety elements and reconfigurations
- Determine the test plan associated to your software designs.
- Contribute to roadmapping efforts in the software developments of the company.
- Initiate radical news ideas to value the technology developed within your scope.
- Comply with the hybrid-electric propulsion regulation as well as vtol aircraft regulation
You are someone who:
- Has extensive experience with airborne software development and verification
- Has a strong background in electrical engineering applied to industrial and certification centric industries such as the aeronautics or automotive sectors
- Has had previous experience in designing a high voltage electrical architecture
- Has a proven ability to adapt to complex and challenging environments with a short timeframe
- Has a proven hands-on ability to lead design efforts.
- Has a technical understanding of aircraft mechanics and specific constraints
It would be a plus if you:
- Have a proven experience with battery integration within a serial or prototype vehicle
- Knows aeronautics certification standards (CS23 preferably)
- Have a previous experience in a start-up or small organization
In a nutshell, you are someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering in the aeronautics, automotive or other high tech industry
- Expertise in battery chemistry technology is a plus
- Knowledge of the aeronautics industry and its specific set of constraints.