EMS Product Engineer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/ems-product-engineer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation !
You will be in charge of pushing forward the development of Ascendance’s Energy Management System product line integrated in Ascendance’s H>OS (Hybrid Operating System) within the STERNA product.
In that regard, within the Embedded software architect’s team, you will own the product line development of this system, track the development and implementation of current functions in Ascendance’s prototypes and aircraft platforms as well as continuously develop and push forward new functionalities to be developed by the embedded software development team.
You will be interfacing with both the embedded software development team to implement the functionalities that you propose but also interact strongly with the Hybrid Core and Propulsion team to gather requirements from various systems to leverage the EMS capabilities to provide new functionalities for multiple hybrid propulsion architectures.
In order to push forward your designs you will need to structure product development processes in the design phases, build in coordination with the embedded software architect an implementation roadmap including unit and integration testing and interact with the overall team and Verification and Validation team to plan operational testing on the aircraft within the product roadmap.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Propose EMS product development roadmap
- Develop EMS product improvements and validate them before implementation and test
- Build in collaboration with the Embedded Software architect the implementation roadmap of the functions you have developed including test sequences
- Participate in testing activities to check that your design behave as planned
- Gather requirements from every aircraft and propulsion system building block owners to help identify new product functionalities
- Structure and rationalize product development
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speeds. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team to find global compromise while being given a high level view of the aircraft and propulsion system’s requirements.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- Have 10+ years of experience in software product development in embedded systems
- Have a Master degree or Engineering diploma equivalent or better in software engineering and/or electrical engineering
- Are comfortable with complex control systems including control laws and automation
- Have proven experience in working on embedded software products and are able to know its associated requirements
- Have experience in engine control systems
- Preferably, are comfortable with high safety propulsion systems and associated requirements for architecture and redundancy requirements
- Have strong skills in Matlab/Simulink preferably using Stateflow and Simulink Coder
- Have strong skills in software architecture development
- Have strong skills in automation and control laws
- Are comfortable working in a fast paced environment with quick decision making and pro-active mindset
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Have the ability to work autonomously
- Are open-minded in terms of processes and solutions with a drive for innovation
- Are a team player that leverages your teammates skills and mindset to reach your objectives
- Are able to work in a multi-project environment with flexibility and deliverable oriented
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance (supported to 50% by AFT)
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
LET’S JOIN US !
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences