Energy Storage System Engineer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/energy-storage-system-engineer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You will be in charge of Ascendance’s battery developments. Working closely with the current ESS (Energy Storage System) engineers, you will lead the development of the battery system for ATEA as well as any other relevant STERNA application.
In that regard you will coordinate efforts from both internal and external team members to design, develop and produce the battery packs for Ascendance’s propulsion systems. You will strongly interact with suppliers at every level of the battery pack design to synchronize them in order to deliver the battery in a timely manner.
You will be in charge of leading the battery development project both technically and programmatically, proposing relevant milestones, managing risks and identifying required resources both human and material.
You will lead battery related trade-offs both at system and aircraft level. Additionally, you will determine the required testing plan and overall V&V of the ESS. Once the battery is developed you will follow-up and track ESS V&V both in-house and outsourced.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Lead ESS development project management
- Track associated risks and opportunities and come up with mitigation and leverage plans.
- Lead ESS associated trade-offs at system level and actively contribute to trade-offs including the ESS at aircraft level
- Handle ESS suppliers both technically and contractually.
- Produce Ascendance’s battery development roadmap post full scale prototype
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speeds. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team to find global compromise while being given a high level view of the aircraft and propulsion system’s requirements.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- Have 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering with a specialization in battery engineering
- Have a Master degree or Engineering diploma equivalent or better in electrical engineering or similarly related field
- Are comfortable with handling high risk and complex systems
- Have proven experience working with various battery cell formats in pack integration activities
- Have experience with regulated industries and preferably the aerospace industry
- Are comfortable with battery related regulations especially ones from the aerospace sector such as DO-311A
- Have knowledge of environment based regulations such as the DO-160
- Are comfortable with integrating High Voltage (700+V) high power battery systems onboard vehicles
- Are comfortable with leading complex test environments containing such batteries and related technologies
- Are comfortable working in a fast paced environment with quick decision making and pro-active mindset
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Have the ability to work autonomously
- Are open-minded in terms of processes and solutions with a drive for innovation
- Are a team player that leverages your teammates skills and mindset to reach your objectives
- Are able to work in a multi-project environment with flexibility and deliverable oriented
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
LET’S JOIN US !
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences