Fan-In-Wing Lead (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/fan-in-wing-lead-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi-2
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
The fan-in-wing (FIW) technology is a cutting edge innovation designed by Ascendance. This technology applied to the rotors used for vertical flight on ATEA provides numerous advantages. You as an experienced Aerospace engineer with an aero/mechanical background will be leading the Fan-In-Wing team. Within a highly motivated and multi-disciplinary team, you will develop and lead the rotor design, Aero-acoustics and the integration of the FIW system.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Lead the FIW team to develop the rotors, duct and mechanical system of the Fan-In-Wing
- You will be responsible for integration of the mechanical system and the structure of the FIW
- Lead the aeroelasticity, Vibration and Fatigue analysis of the different parts of the FIW
- You will represent the FIW team at program/technical reviews as well as customers/supplier meetings, ensuring the engineering definition meets all stakeholder requirements. You will also ensure adherence to all engineering processes/standards, and participate in design reviews to meet certification, cost, schedule and manufacturability goals.
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many issues to tackle regarding communications networks and associated developments.
The job has been made for you if you have : 🛠
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree (MSc, PhD)
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience as an Aerospace Engineer with background in Aerodynamics, Acoustics and Aeroelasticity
- Experience in designing mechanical systems
- Knowledge of Composite Structures
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Are sensitive to the climate change impacts
- Have ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team
- Be solution and delivery-oriented
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are passionate about new tech
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- Restaurant Tickets
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences.