Finance Business Partner
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
As our Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for all financial and accounting aspects of the company under the direction of our CEO and support our fundraising efforts.
You will lead the financial planning and reporting process and handle company cash and financial partners. You will be in charge of the corporate accounting as well as the legal and administrative aspects of the company.
You are the finance person in the company! You will be the privileged point of contact for all finance aspects and will be at the forefront of the future finance team.
- Manage company cash
- Define, follow-up and report on the budget
- Prepare monthly financial reporting to the CEO
- Structure company financial processes (e.g. purchasing process, invoice process etc.)
- Manage the relationship with financial 3rd parties (banks, accountants etc.)
- Lead the annual Crédit Impôt Recherche application and supporting documents
- Ensure the compliance with local tax requirements and link with authorities
- Oversee and improve the existing processes for invoices, payments etc.
- Lead the closing and annual audit of the financial statements
- Manage supplier and customer invoices and payments
LEGAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE
- Prepare and manage the company legal documentation (AGO, BSPCE subscriptions, etc.)
- Manage company contracts and legal documents (NDA, partnership contract reviews etc.)
- Manage the company insurances
PUBLIC AND PRIVATE FUNDRAISING
- Support the CEO in our fundraising activities: preparation of dataroom, preparation of financial documents asked by investors, follow-up on meetings etc.
- Lead the public fundraising activities: public grants, relationship with BPIfrance etc.
- Prepare, manage and follow-up on company engagement on grants
You are someone who:
- Has an academic background in finance and/or accounting
- Has experience with the month-end/year end close process
- Hass experience in creating financial statements
- Is fluent in English
- Has an analytic and synthetic mind
- Is rigorous and organized person
It might be a plus if you:
- Have an interest in disruptive technologies
- Have an experience in general ledger functions
- Took part in a fundraising process or M&A deal before
- Are polyvalent and adaptable
In a nutshell, you are someone with:
- 4-5 years of experience in Corporate Finance, Audit or Transaction Services (Big 4) or Private equity
- An interest for both corporate finance and technological startups
- The ambition to be the “Finance person” of the future of air mobility!