Flight Control Computer Engineer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/flight-control-computer-engineer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You will be responsible for specifying, developing and validating the flight control computer (FCC) of Atea. Directly reporting to the Flight Control Systems team lead, you will therefore ensure the FCC is compliant with certification, operational and performance requirements.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Mastering the certification rules, current FCC design and sizing cases
- Interfacing with the Propulsion team to ensure adequate functionalities
- Interfacing with the Flight Control Laws team to ensure adequate functionalities and onboard algorithms
- Finalizing architecture and technology trade-offs with rationalized methodology
- Finalizing make or buy strategy, supplier benchmarking, selection, and management to ensure delivery in time / quality / costs
- Specifying verification and validation means
- Conducting and reporting on V&V results to support flight permit obtention and aircraft type certification
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many issues to tackle regarding communications networks and associated developments. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team to find global compromise while being given a high level view of the aircraft and propulsion system’s requirements.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- Have strong experience (10+ years) in flight control computers / embedded intelligence with particular knowledge in aerospace applications
- Know aeronautics standards (DO178 / DO154 / DO160 / … )
- Have already successfully developed and tested calculators in your previous jobs
- General knowledge of overall aircraft design and design convergence
- An experience of CS-23 and CS-27 certification requirements is a plus
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Are sensitive to the climate change impacts
- Have ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team
- Be solution and delivery-oriented
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are passionate about new tech
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
LET’S JOIN US !
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences