Flight Control System Engineer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/flight-control-system-engineer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi-1
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You will be developing the Flight Control System (FCS) of our aircraft ATEA, focusing on the software implementation of flight control laws. Directly reporting to the Flight Control System leader, you will therefore ensure the flight control software is compliant with certification, operational and performance requirements.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Mastering the current flight control laws (FCL) architecture
- Design and develop corresponding software implementation taking into account safety and performance assessments
- Fulfill implementation constraints interfacing with the FCS team to ensure FCL software is adapted to the onboard calculator
- Define associated Verification and Validation means, from digital models to experimental test benches
- Verify and validate FCL software up to flight testing campaign
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many issues to tackle regarding communications networks and associated developments.
The job has been made for you if you have : 🛠
- Have strong experience (10+ years) in software development and implementation for aerospace applications
- Have deep understanding of automation & control, flight controls, control allocation
- Strong experience in C/C++
- Experience in Matlab / Simulink
- Proven experience in safety standards such as DO-178C and ISO26262
- Flight testing experience is a plus
- An experience of CS-23 and CS-27 certification requirements is a plus
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Are sensitive to the climate change impacts
- Have ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team
- Be solution and delivery-oriented
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are passionate about new tech
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- Restaurant Tickets
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences.