Flight Control Systems Lead (All gender)
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
Your role : 🔎
You will be responsible for specifying, developing and validating the flight control systems of Atea, which include fly-by-wire (FBW) technologies, Flight Control Computer (FCC) and sensors. Directly reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will therefore manage the team in charge of ensuring the flight control systems are compatible with certification, operational and performance requirements.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Mastering the certification rules, current design and sizing cases
- Interfacing with the flight physics team to ensure adequate sizing
- Managing the flight control systems team to ensure efficient organization and delivery
- Finalizing architecture and technology trade-offs with rationalized methodology
- Finalizing make or buy strategy, supplier benchmarking, selection, and management to ensure delivery in time / quality / costs
- Supporting the physical and functional integration of the flight control systems into the test benches up to the aircraft prototype taking into account mechanical, thermal, EMC/EMI constraints
- Specifying verification and validation means
- Conducting and reporting on V&V results to support flight permit obtention and aircraft type certification
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many issues to tackle regarding communications networks and associated developments. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team to find global compromise while being given a high level view of the aircraft and propulsion system’s requirements.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- Have strong experience (10+ years) in flight control / fly-by-wire / sensors systems specification, development and validation
- Have strong understanding of aircraft flight physics
- Know aeronautics standards (DO178 / DO154 / DO160 / … )
- Gave general knowledge of overall aircraft design and design convergence is a plus
- Flight testing experience is a plus
- Flight piloting experience is a plus
- An experience of CS-23 and CS-27 certification requirements is a plus
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Are sensitive to the climate change impacts
- Have ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team
- Be solution and delivery-oriented
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are passionate about new tech
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
LET’S JOIN US ! to apply : https://taleez.com/apply/flight-control-systems-engineer-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences