Handling Qualities Engineer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/handling-qualities-engineer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You will be responsible for leading the handling qualities assessment from design to flight testing related to ATEA. Directly reporting to the Overall Aircraft Design lead, you will therefore conduct the adequate studies and testing to reach certification and market requirements from an HQ perspective. You also propose and bring design improvements.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Consolidate the modeling and experimental roadmaps related to handling qualities, up to flight tests
- Perform the handling qualities trade-off evaluation to propose design improvements
- Interface with the Overall Aircraft Design lead and the flight physics team members to identify most optimal solutions, as well as the flight test pilot
- Manage the handling qualities testing campaign from planning to post-processing and design iterations
- Comply with certification requirements
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many issues to tackle regarding communications networks and associated developments.
The job has been made for you if you have : 🛠
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree
- Strong experience (8+ years) in handling qualities / flight physics
- Skills in various levels of modeling with multidisciplinary skills
- Testing experience (windtunnel testing, flight tests)
- Experience of data analytics applied to flight physics is a plus
- Experience of CS-23 and CS-27 certification requirements is a plus
- Knowledge of data analytics applied to flight physics is a plus.
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Are sensitive to the climate change impacts
- Have ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team
- Be solution and delivery-oriented
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are passionate about new tech
- You speak English
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
LET’S JOIN US !
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences