Flight Physics Leader
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You will be responsible for leading the design, development and test activities related to ATEA’ flight physics. Directly reporting to the CTO, you will therefore manage the team being in charge of fixed and rotary wings aerodynamics, performance, handling qualities and loads. Knowledge of acoustics is a plus
- Consolidate the modelling and experimental roadmaps related to flight physics up to flight tests
- Perform and lead trade-off evaluation to propose design improvements
- Manage a multidisciplinary team with iterative development approaches
- Interface with aircraft architects and flight control law developers
- Manage testing campaign from planning to post-processing and design iterations
- Comply with certification requirements
- Strong experience (10+ years) in flight physics with particular knowledge in aerodynamics for aerospace applications
- Skills in various levels of aerodynamic modelling, from simple analytical models to Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Testing experience (windtunnel testing, flight tests)
- Good knowledge of overall aircraft design and design convergence
- An experience of CS-23 and CS-27 certification requirements is a plus
- Ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personnalities with their own differencies
Let’s join us !
To Apply : https://taleez.com/apply/lead-flight-physics-engineer-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi