Hybrid Architect Lead (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/hybrid-architect-lead-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi-2
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
We are looking for hybrid propulsion building block owner who loves technological challenges and is solution and customer oriented.
You will be responsible for Ascendance hybrid propulsion technology development
Our aircraft, ATEA, being one of the first users of our hybrid technologies, you will play a major role in the development of our revolutionary aircraft through all of the development phases from definition, design, implementation up to testing.
Reporting to the Energy and Propulsion Team leader you will be in charge ensuring the overall hybrid technology is maturing and feeding ATEA and other a/c requirement.
In this regard, you will have to tackle a multiphysics system including energy storage, thermics, power distribution and conversion as well as control and monitoring of your systems.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Develop and disseminate hybrid product strategy
- Design, implement and organise testing of the propulsion architecture.
- Deliver the core hybrid propulsion system to fly the full-scale prototype
- Tackle each element of the propulsion architecture to determine the make or buy strategy
- Lead roadmapping efforts in each of the associated technology fields of the system
- Initiate radical new ideas to value the technology developed within your system
- Lead external partners or subcontractors when deemed necessary
The job has been made for you if you have : 🛠
You are someone who:
- Has a track record of managing complex powertrain projects
- Has a proven experience developing customer intimacy and managing international contracts
- Has extensive experience handling complex hybrid and/or electric propulsion architectures either in the aeronautics, automotive or other industrial sectors
- Has a proven experience with battery and/or thermal system integration within a serial or prototype vehicle
- Has a proven ability to adapt to complex and challenging environments with a short timeframe
- Is able to manage multidisciplinary teams including expertise in battery technology, electric power distribution and conversion, thermal engines and thermal management as well as integration
- Has a proven hands-on ability to lead design efforts
- Has a technical understanding of aircraft mechanics and specific constraints
- Is used to lead and evolve in multicultural teams
It would be a plus if you:
- Know aeronautics certification standards (CS23 preferably)
- Have Business Development experience
- Have a solid network in the aerospace industry
- Have a previous experience in a start-up or small organization
In a nutshell, you are someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in aeronautics, automotive or other high tech industry
- Expertise in high voltage is a plus
- Knowledge of the aeronautics industry and its specific set of constraints.
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Are sensitive to the climate change impacts
- Have ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team
- Be solution and delivery-oriented
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are passionate about new tech
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences.