Hybrid Architect Lead (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/hybrid-architect-lead-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation !
As part of the STERNA team, you will coordinate the design, development and testing efforts of hardware components of the propulsion system. In coordination with the Embedded Software architect Lead as well as System engineers, Hybrid Project Lead and Test bench Lead, you will report to the Hybrid director to deliver STERNA’s hardware components both for ATEA and as a standalone product for other aircraft platforms.
As a team leader you will have to manage and drive the differents leads of the main hardware systems of the propulsion (Battery, Electrical Motor, Electrical Controller, HV network, Turbogenerator, Thermal integration, LV Network & EWIS).
You will play a key role in our organization by bringing a technical consolidation layer for large propulsion hardware components and associated architecture and ensure a technical interface with other building blocks of the aircraft as well as external clients for the propulsion system.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Coordinate technical activities for propulsion hardware components (batteries, HV network, eDrives, LV Network, Thermal management system)
- Lead propulsion architecture level trade-offs on the technical level
- Actively contribute in certification activities of the propulsion system by leading a consolidation level across macro systems of the propulsion
- Own interfaces definition between macro systems of the propulsion (batteries, HV network, eDrives, thermal management system) as well as with other building blocks of the aircraft
- Lead architecture definition of the propulsion system in STERNA projects.
- Identify and propose ways forward to build and grow the hybrid propulsion system hardware team.
- Contribute to roadmapping efforts in leading a unified view of future propulsion technologies across macro systems of the propulsion.
- Proactively contribute in building a partnership network across your systems in collaboration with your system leads
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many challenges to tackle regarding hybrid propulsion development. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team to find global compromise while being given a high level view of the aircraft and propulsion system’s requirements.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- Have 10+ years of experience in aeronautics, automotive or other high tech industry leading system level position across multiple sub-systems in the propulsion/powertrain
- Have a broad range of knowledge across the macro systems of the propulsion system within the scope (batteries, HV network, LV network, EWIS, turbines, thermal management systems)
- Have a deep and precise expertise on at least one of the macro systems, preferably in either eDrives or HV network as electrical propulsion is at the core of the challenges
- Are accustomed to working in a highly regulated industry
- Are comfortable leading architecture level trade-off leveraging multiple inputs from many different and multidisciplinary experts
- Have a proven hands-on ability to lead design efforts as well as coordinate testing activities for your systems
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Have a real desire to learn in a very stimulant working environment
- Are open-minded in terms of processes and solutions with a drive for innovation
- Are a team player that leverages your teammates skills and mindset to reach your objectives
- Are able to work in a multi-project environment with flexibility and deliverable-oriented goals.
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- Restaurant Tickets
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences.