Hybrid-Electric propulsion architect
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You will be in charge of designing, building the development and testing roadmap and implementing your design regarding the hybrid-electric propulsion architecture. Solution-oriented, you are enthousiaste about making well designed products and have an attention to detail.
You will play a major role in the development of ATEA through all of the development phases from definition, design, implementation up to testing. You will also be the reference for the design of STERNA, our propulsion system product.
Directly reporting to the hybrid-electric propulsion product owner, you will be in charge of the hybrid-electric propulsion architecture delivery in close link with the rest of the team.
In this regard, you will have to orchestrate a multiphysics system including energy storage, thermics, power distribution and conversion centered around an electric distribution that you will have to design, validate, test and certify. You will lead the charge on the global HPU architecture and implementation within the aircraft.
- Deliver the hybrid-electric propulsion system electric architecture to fly the full-scale prototype
- Perform safety analysis to identify requirements for redundancy, safety elements and reconfigurations
- Determine the test plan associated with the hybrid-electric propulsion system
- Design, implement and organise testing of the propulsion architecture.
- Lead roadmapping efforts in each of the associated technology fields of the system
- Initiate radical news ideas to value the technology developed within your system
- Comply with the hybrid-electric propulsion regulation
You are someone who:
- Has extensive experience handling complex hybrid-electric and/or electric propulsion architectures either in the aeronautics or automotive sectors
- Has a strong background in electrical engineering applied to industrial and certification centric industries such as the aeronautics or automotive sectors
- Has had previous experience in designing a high voltage electrical architecture
- Has a proven ability to adapt to complex and challenging environments with a short timeframe
- Has a proven hands-on ability to lead design efforts.
- Has a technical understanding of aircraft mechanics and specific constraints
It would be a plus if you:
- Have a proven experience with battery integration within a serial or prototype vehicle
- Knows aeronautics certification standards (CS23 preferably)
- Have a previous experience in a start-up or small organization
In a nutshell, you are someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering in the aeronautics, automotive or other high tech industry
- Expertise in battery chemistry technology is a plus
- Knowledge of the aeronautics industry and its specific set of constraints.