Loads Engineer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/loads-engineer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi-1
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You will be responsible for specifying, computing and validating the load dataset of Atea. Directly reporting to the Flight Physics Team leader, you will therefore ensure the load dataset compatibility with certification and operational requirements.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Mastering the certification rules, current load dataset and sizing cases
- Selecting adequate computation means (analytical / CFD / windtunnel / scale 1 demonstrators data)
- Specifying required load validation means
- Increasing computation precision and ensure further coverage of loads to optimize the design
- Identifying critical load conditions over the flight envelope
- Supporting and interfacing with the stress & structural design team
- Developing methodology and reporting to support flight permit obtention and type certification
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many issues to tackle regarding communications networks and associated developments. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team to find global compromise while being given a high level view of the aircraft and propulsion system’s requirements.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- Have strong experience (8+ years) in loads computation and validation
- Have deep understanding of aircraft flight physics
- Have general knowledge of overall aircraft design and design convergence
- Flight testing experience is a plus
- An experience of CS-23 and CS-27 certification requirements is a plus
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Are sensitive to the climate change impacts
- Have ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team
- Be solution and delivery-oriented
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are passionate about new tech
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance (supported to 50% by AFT)
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences