Mechanical Design Engineer – internship (all gender)
Start date: 06/03/2023
Duration: 6 months
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/mechanical-design-engineer-internship-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
As a member of the airframe team at Ascendance you will have a key role in mechanical design and CAD drawings of our VTOL aircraft.
Your main responsibilities will be to :
- Perform structural trade off studies to support structural best architecture choices
- Participate to systems positioning and integration studies
- Perform detailed designs
- Perform wiring analysis
- Draw design principles for systems integration to the structure
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team to find global compromise while being given a high level view of the aircraft and propulsion system’s requirements.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- You have a structural design sensibility (mandatory)
- You are familiar with CAD (3DX desired, otherwise Catia V5)
- You have general Composite design knowledge (suited)
- You have a Catia/3DX CPD module knowledge (would be a +)
- You have wiring knowledge (would be a +)
- You have system integration knowledge (optional)
- You are a team player and a creative person
- You are proactive, enthusiastic and self driven
- You are comfortable to work in start-up quick changing constraints environment
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- You are looking for a 5 to 6 months internship starting in March / April 2023
- You are passionate about new tech or eVTOL
- You want to work in a deep tech startup that will change the way people travel
- You want to face complex but thrilling challenges
- You like to work in a dynamic environment
- You speak English
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview with Thomas, Design Engineer & internship mentor !
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences.