Multiphysics modeling- Internship
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
As a member of the technical team at Ascendance you will actively participate in the development of a Multiphysics model to emulate the performance of the propulsion system and predict its performance. With models in both electrical engineering, thermal system design and mechanical engineering, the Multiphysics model is destined to be a digital iron bird of the aircraft. You will work in close collaboration with the Head of Propulsion in an effort to push forward these critical topics in the future of a greener aviation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Definition of the architecture of the Multiphysics model co-jointly with the rest of the team
- Design and implementation of the various models (electrical, thermal, mechanical)
- Definition of the test sequence associated and visualisation tools to extract predicted performance as well as validation procedures.
- Analyse tests to identify improvements that you will design and implement
- You are an engineering school student or equivalent in the fields of electrical engineering or mechanical engineering with a broad knowledge of various physical domains.
- You have a good understanding of 2D modeling techniques for multiphysics such as extend Ohm’s law for thermal, electrical and mechanical applications.
- You have a good understanding of electrical architectures and electrical machines
- You are proficient in Matlab & Simulink software suite
- Preferably, you have a first experience using Simscape or equivalent to model systems
- Preferably, you have a first hands-on experience with test data analysis and associated modeling
- Preferably, you have a first experience in start-up or industrial group
- You are a Team player capable to work independently
- You are ongoing and personable, enthusiastic and self driven
In a nutshell, if you want to work in a deep tech startup that will change the way people travel, if you want to be a part of the future of mobility or if you want to face complex but thrilling challenges, apply and join us!