Power Unit Thermal Integration – internship (all gender)
Start date: 06/03/2023
Duration: 6 months
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/power-unit-thermal-integration-internship-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
As a member of the technical team at Ascendance you will actively contribute to the integration of the power unit inside the aircraft, with a particular focus on thermal aspects and hot air evacuation.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Pre-design of the power unit integration architecture, for thermal aspects
- Modelisation of the air circulation around the power unit
- Analysis of results and proposition of technical solutions
- Propositions & realization of tests, in order to validate the analysis
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team to find global compromise while being given a high level view of the aircraft and propulsion system’s requirements.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- You are an engineering school student or equivalent in the fields of aerospace or automotive
- You have a good knowledge in fluid dynamics and thermodynamics
- You have a good knowledge in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) principles and tools (OpenFoam or equivalent softwares)
- You are a team player and a proactive person
- You are curious, enthusiastic and self driven.
- You speak English
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- You are looking for a 5 to 6 months internship starting in March / April 2023
- You are passionate about new tech or eVTOL
- You want to work in a deep tech startup that will change the way people travel
- You want to face complex but thrilling challenges
- You like to work in a dynamic environment
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview with Jean-Baptiste, Propulsion Engineer & internship mentor !
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences.