Product Safety Engineer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/product-safety-engineer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You will be working on safety studies regarding Ascendance’s first full scale VTOL prototype: ATEA. The main focus will be made on the obtention of the experimental permit to fly required by the regulation authority based on Ascendance’s internal strategy to ensure the safety of Atea prototype flight. This strategy is centered on the safety analyses performed at aircraft product design level and will also encompass safety management elements.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Consolidate and derive safety and reliability top level requirements and strategy
- Implement the safety documentation, standards and methods to be used as guidelines
- Follow-up the a/c level safety plan
- Support and coordinate safety analyses at adequate level, in particular:
> Aircraft Functional Hazard Analysis AFHA
> System Functional Hazard Analysis SFHA
> Preliminary System Safety Analysis PSSA
> A/C Particular Risk Analysis PRA
> Common Mode Analysis CMA
> Operational Risk Management ORM for flight test
- Propose recommendations on design evolutions
Support the SMS Manager:
- Contribute to putting in place the SMS elements
- Focal point for reporting safety related topic in the company
- Preparing safety assessment for the safety committee.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- Have a strong experience (8+ years) in safety and reliability for aerospace products
- Have an ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team
- You are able to adapt to your environment and to develop simple and efficient solutions
- You have experience of ARP4754A/ARP4761/CS-XX.1309 methodologies
- You already performed AFHA, SFHA, FTA, SSA, CMA, PRA…
- You have an ability to interact directly with the technical team
- You speak English and have good writing skills.
- You Know ICAO Annexe 19 principles
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- You want to face complex but thrilling challenges
- You are fully committed to developing a safety mindset in a company
- You like to work in a dynamic environment
- You are willing to contribute to the development of the company
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance
- Restaurant tickets
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent short call Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences.