Senior Airframe & Integration engineer
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiast Senior Airframe & System integration engineer who loves technological challenges and is solution-oriented.
You will play a major role in the development of ATEA through all of the development phases from definition, design, integration up to testing.
Directly reporting to the CTO, you will be in charge of the equipped airframe delivery in close link with Head of HPU (Hybrid Propulsion Unit) and Head of Avionics, as well as Programme Manager. You will part of a team composed of various expertise required to support the delivery of such a key technological brick.
- Deliver the equipped airframe to fly the full-scale prototype
- Lead the airframe work package, and associated team and subcontractors
- Freeze airframe specification
- Consolidate the airframe design: loads, composite structures, aerodynamics, airframe systems (landing gear, control surfaces, …), integration of hybrid propulsion unit and avionics
- Finalize selection, then manage the airframe manufacturer to ensure delivery in time, quality and cost
- Build system integration path and associated test plans
- Lead integration tests and provide support to flight testing
- Prepare serial product launch
You are someone who:
- Has a successful technical leader experience in deeptech industry on vehicle design and integration
- Has proven experience in both prototyping or serial product development phases
- Is able to discuss with aerodynamic / composite structures / systems
- Has an integration expertise
Is used to manage and evolve in multicultural teams
It would be a plus if you:
- Knows aeronautics certification standards (CS23 preferably)
- Has a technical understanding of hybrid and electric propulsion systems (from aeronautics or other industries)
- Have a solid network in the aerospace industry
- Have a previous experience in a start-up or small organization
In a nutshell, you are someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in aeronautics or other high tech industry
- Expertise in hybrid/electric propulsion system is a plus
- Knowledge of the aeronautics industry and its specific set of constraints.