Senior Stress Engineer (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/senior-stress-engineer-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You are an experienced stress engineer with an aerospace background and have demonstrated experience in the design, structural analysis and simulation of composite and metallic structure. Additionally, you have applied FEM simulation and gained applied experience in testing and documenting component and full-scale structural tests. Within a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary team you develop and refine the state-of-the-art composite structure of the aircraft that is key to its best-in-class performance.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Detailed sizing, static, dynamic, damage tolerance, and modal analysis of structural aircraft components utilizing both classical hand calculations and finite element analysis.
- Develop aircraft structural models for stress analysis and sizing of primary and secondary structures to support trade studies and manufacturing optimization.
- Responsible for reviews of composite design, airframe structural configuration layouts and detail design including structural layouts, preliminary sizing, joint layouts and part design, utilizing metallic and composite materials.
- Conducting design trades, optimizations for final product configuration definitions considering safety, strength, weight, & producibility.
- Supporting design reviews and signing off on structural parts.Review and Approve Stress Reports.
- Define and document structural load cases, certification test plans and test results to substantiate for regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many issues to tackle regarding communications networks and associated developments.
The job has been made for you if you have : 🛠
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree with a minimum 8 years of professional experience as a stress engineer performing structural analysis and FEA of composite and metal structure.
- Advanced proficiency in finite element analysis, including nonlinear static and dynamic analysis of composite structures or metallic structures.
- Ability to generate and review detailed analysis reports and aircraft type certification documents.
- Experience in structural testing, testing standards, test planning, and test correlation.
- Familiarity with a variety of high-performance composite manufacturing processes, process limitations, and post-processing of advanced composite components.
- Highly proactive attitude with the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Structured way of working, high sense of responsibility and accountability.
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Are sensitive to the climate change impacts
- Have ability to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team
- Be solution and delivery-oriented
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are passionate about new tech
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance (supported to 50% by AFT)
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences