Simulation Platform Engineer – Internship (all gender)
Start date: 05/09/2022
Duration: 6 months
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/simulation-platform-engineer-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
As a member of the technical team at Ascendance you will actively contribute to the full scale test bench development by managing and integrating the various models and functions that drive the simulator.These functions will have a strong focus on aircraft control and on the flight physics model that makes the simulator representative. You will work in close collaboration with the avionics and flight physics teams, and the engineering team deployed on the demonstrator in an effort to push forward our test campaign and ATEA development.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Software architecture definition co-jointly with the rest of the team,
- Design and implementation of your proposed software functionalities as well as others,
- Definition of the associated integration tests: Software In the Loop, Hardware In the Loop…
- Test results analysis and definition of the way forwards,
- Tuning of control algorithms from simulation and physical test data, and
- Support on test bench operation.
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many issues to tackle regarding communications networks and associated developments. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team to find global compromise while being given a high level view of the aircraft and propulsion system’s requirements.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- You are an engineering school student or equivalent in the fields of avionics / mechatronics,
- You have a good knowledge of command and control systems and in software development,
- You are familiar with Matlab & Simulink software suite,
- You are familiar with the C++ programming language,
- You are a team player and a proactive person, and
- You are personable, enthusiastic and self driven.
- You have a first experience implementing your software solutions on target hardware.
- You have a first hands-on experience in drone/robotic software development.
- You have a first experience in start-up or industrial group
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- You are looking for a 5 to 6 months internship starting in September or October
- You are passionate about new tech or eVTOL
- You want to work in a deep tech startup that will change the way people travel
- You want to face complex but thrilling challenges
- You like to work in a dynamic environment
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview with Ahmed, Data Communication Engineer & internship supervisor !
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences