Test Bench Lead (all gender)
Link to apply: https://taleez.com/apply/test-bench-lead-all-gender-toulouse-ascendance-flight-technologies-cdi-1
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
You will be in charge of coordinating the various test benches in ground installations at Ascendance. This responsibility will cover all test benches across both product lines : ATEA and STERNA. In doing so, you will coordinate with the development team to assess, quantify and define test means ressources, coordinate the definition of a test bench project for each test bench, build the test benches scope (budget, planning and quality) in coordination with the development team and accompany test bench projects execution.
You will also be in charge of leveraging Ascendance’s testing facilities once main test projects are complete to maintain and add continuous value to Ascendance’s investments in test means. As Test Bench Lead (m/f), you will coordinate with facilities managers to ensure that safety procedures are respected, implemented and up to date to current test means.
You will also be required to manage cross test bench resources including test bench operators, maintenance team, etc..
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Test bench projects execution coordination (manage and optimize cross project ressources)
- Point of contact with development team to access test means ressources and define projects scope
- Define test means maintenance strategy
- Define test means value generation strategy
- Manage cross test bench projects resources including HR : test operators, maintenance team, etc..
- Co-define safety procedures with facilities manager in accordance with current active test means activity
- Help harmonize test means quality assurance with common processes, planning and execution
Where do we stand?
You will be entering the team during a crucial part of our development. Full scale testbenches are ongoing while full scale aircraft development is running at full speed with many issues to tackle regarding communications networks and associated developments. You will be working in an interdisciplinary team to find global compromise while being given a high level view of the aircraft and propulsion system’s requirements.
The job has been made for you if you : 🛠
- Have 10+ years of experience in managing ground test benches in powertrain applications
- Are comfortable in working in high power applications (>200kW) with electrical, mechanical and chemical facilities
- Have demonstrated an ability to efficiently organize test execution and optimize processes including test plan execution and test reports quality assurance
- Are comfortable with safety procedures and regulations associated with electrical drivetrain installations
- Have experience in managing large projects with multiple interactions with clients (development team), subcontractors, team members and large amounts of hardware equipments
- Have experience in aerospace ironbird grade test benches
- Have experience in flight simulator environments
We are meant to work together if you : 💚
- Have the ability to work autonomously
- Are open-minded in terms of processes and solutions with a drive for innovation
- Are a team player that leverages your teammates skills and mindset to reach your objectives
- Are able to work in a multi-project environment with flexibility and deliverable oriented
What we offer :
- An international and dynamic team
- A remote policy to allow you flexibility
- Health insurance (supported to 50% by AFT)
- A dynamic workplace providing equal opportunities for disability, gender equity… Everyone is welcome at Ascendance!
Recruitment process :🕐
- Application evaluations (CVs….)
- Talent Interview
- Technical Interview
- Meet others Ascenders
- Reference check
LET’S JOIN US !
Non-discrimination and diversity are our priorities. AFT is open to hire personalities with their own differences