VTOL Data and Communication network – Internship
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid-electric propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
Duration: 6 months
Starting date: November 2021
As a member of the technical team at Ascendance you will actively participate in the development of the data and communication network of the various physical demonstrators the team will test in the coming months. You will work in close collaboration with the Head of Avionics in an effort to push forward these critical topics in the future of a greener aviation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Mastering the current data (both software and hardware) architecture and proposing rationalized improvements
- Develop communication drivers to interface systems
- Support test instrumentation & telemetry development
- Support the physical integration of the data network into the test benches taking into account mechanical, thermal, EMC/EMI constraints
- Testing & validation
- You are an engineering school student or equivalent in the fields of robotics, data and communication, mechatronics
- You are used to different communication protocols
- You are proficient in Matlab & Simulink software suite
- Preferably, you have a hands-on experience with robotics or data communication network development
- Preferably, you have a first experience in start-up or industrial group
- You are a Team player capable to work independently
- You are ongoing and personable, enthusiastic and self driven
In a nutshell, if you want to work in a deep tech startup that will change the way people travel, if you want to be a part of the future of mobility or if you want to face complex but thrilling challenges, apply and join us!