Expert in electrical architectures
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s flying taxi: Atea, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft with a hybrid propulsion system.
We believe that the future of mobility will include the sky and that operational fit will be key to support the emergence of this market.
Therefore we focused our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing
infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
At Ascendance you will not only join passionate people that want to make an impact, you will also join a whole innovative ecosystem, the flexibility and agility of a startup and you will work on a product that will disrupt the mobility market.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on a very ambitious product, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work directly on our physical prototypes, board Atea and come fly with us toward the future of mobility!
You will have a major role in the growing team as being in charge of the development of the propulsion system’s electrical architecture, from the derivation of aircraft functional and performance requirements onto the propulsion system to designing and implementing associated solutions and ultimately, the planning of the appropriate test campaign.
- Design a cutting edge high voltage distribution network to provide power to all major components of the aircraft’s propulsion system.
- Design an innovative low voltage distribution network and associated power conversion systems to provide power to all avionics, control and monitoring systems on-board.
- Create safe architectures with high performance switches and protections to ensure full continuous availability and reliability of the system.
- Model and predict performance on the network including transient behavior and failure cases.
- Lead the design, development, specification, interfaces definition, supplier selection and integration of all the required components to implement your architecture on the aircraft.
- Drive the different trade-offs at system level and actively participate in aircraft level trade-offs to reach a global optimum in design and performance including solutions recommendations and associated implementation.
- Actively participate hands-on in the integration and testing campaign phases of your system as well as the aircraft flight tests.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has extensive experience in designing complex electric architectures with high safety and reliability requirements.
- Demonstrates strong skills in Simulink/Simpower Systems.
- Is used to design and develop innovative thermal, mechanical and electrical, including EMC/EMI, integration solutions for
- high voltage electrical networks.
- Is able to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team.
It would be a plus if you:
- Have experience in prototyping.
- Have experience of CS-23 and/or CS-27 certification requirements.
- Have experience in developing systems under ARP 4754.
- Know hybrid propulsion systems.
- Know and use UML/SysML modelling language.
In a nutshell, we are looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in electrical systems design, implementation and testing preferably in on-board systems.
- A hands-on innovative approach to electrical engineering with a taste for challenging problems.
- A proven track record of implementing safe and reliable electrical architectures.
- Knowledge of the aeronautics industry and its specific set of constraints.