Senior Hybrid Propulsion Architect
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s hybrid-electric aviation with ATEA, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft powered by STERNA, our in-house hybrid propulsion system. We focus our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on very ambitious products, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work quickly, board ATEA and come fly with us toward the future of aviation!
We are looking for an ambitious and enthousiast senior propulsion architect who loves technological challenges and is solution-oriented.
You will play a major role in the development of ATEA through all of the development phases from definition, design, implementation up to testing.
Directly reporting to the CTO, you will be in charge of the hybrid propulsion unit delivery in close link with Head of Airframe and integration and Head of Avionics, as well as Programme Manager.
In this regard, you will have to tackle a multiphysics system including energy storage, thermics, power distribution and conversion as well as control and monitoring of your systems. You will lead the charge on the global HPU architecture and implementation within the aircraft.
- Deliver the core hybrid propulsion system to fly the full-scale prototype
- Tackle each element of the propulsion architecture to determine the make or buy strategy
- Design, implement and organise testing of the propulsion architecture.
- Lead roadmapping efforts in each of the associated technology fields of the system
- Initiate radical news ideas to value the technology developed within your system
- Lead external partners or subcontractors when deemed necessary
- Prepare serial product launch
You are someone who :
- Has extensive experience handling complex hybrid and/or electric propulsion architectures either in the aeronautics or automotive sectors
- Has a proven experience with battery integration within a serial or prototype vehicle
- Has a proven ability to adapt to complex and challenging environments with a short timeframe
- Is able to manage multidisciplinary teams including expertise in battery technology, electric power distribution and conversion, thermal engines and thermal management as well as integration.
- Has a proven hands-on ability to lead design efforts.
- Has a technical understanding of aircraft mechanics and specific constraints
- Is used to manage and evolve in multicultural teams
It would be a plus if you:
- Knows aeronautics certification standards (CS23 preferably)
- Have a solid network in the aerospace industry
- Have a previous experience in a start-up or small organization
In a nutshell, you are someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in aeronautics, automotive or other high tech industry
- Expertise in battery chemistry technology is a plus
- Knowledge of the aeronautics industry and its specific set of constraints.