avionics and communications
At Ascendance we are building tomorrow’s flying taxi: Atea, a unique Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft with a hybrid propulsion system.
We believe that the future of mobility will include the sky and that operational fit will be key to support the emergence of this market.
Therefore we focused our efforts in designing an innovative, safe, silent, clean and affordable aircraft that will be able to blend into existing
infrastructures and regulations to ease its deployment and maximise social acceptance.
At Ascendance you will not only join passionate people that want to make an impact, you will also join a whole innovative ecosystem, the flexibility and agility of a startup and you will work on a product that will disrupt the mobility market.
If you are looking for a place where you will have a direct impact on a very ambitious product, where you will work close to the hardware and where you can witness the result of your hard work directly on our physical prototypes, board Atea and come fly with us toward the future of mobility!
You will have end-to-end responsibility over the aircraft avionics system, data network and communication protocols between equipments. Your system will be at the crossroads between HMI and avionics suite, flight controls and power management system.
You will be managing the complete engineering process from early design, specifications, development & simulation, testing and integration into the prototype aircraft. You will also act as point of contact for external suppliers or partners related to data network, communication protocols, avionics and sensors.
- Design the data network architecture for the aircraft and develop it to be fail-safe, performant and at aeronautics safety levels.
- Select a safe and reliable communication protocol for the aircraft and define messages and signals to be implemented.
- Source sensors based on a set of requirements, ensure their compatibility with equipments and supply them for the aircraft integration.
- Specify and follow up on the development of the avionics suite that will be integrated in the prototype aircraft.
- Actively participate hands-on in the integration and testing campaign phases of your system as well as the aircraft flight tests.
We are also expecting you to support other team members to work on equipment specifications to ensure interface compliance. Include those requirements and follow up on specifications to ensure their correctness when sent to suppliers.
We are looking for someone who:
- Knows aeronautics communication protocols (ARINC, CANaerospace, LIN, FlexRay etc.).
- Knows software and hardware development (including physical OSI layer).
- Is used to design and develop systems under DO178C, DO254 requirements.
- Knows telemetry, remote monitoring protocols both RX and TX.
- Is able to model and simulate communication network before going to physical tests using softwares like Vector CANape or CANoe.
- Is able to work autonomously with a drive for initiative related to the start-up environment and work in a small team.
It would be a plus if you:
- Know automotive communication protocols (CANBus, FlexRay etc.).
- Have already successfully developed and tested a data network architecture in your previous jobs.
- Know hybrid propulsion systems.
- Have experience in prototyping.
- Are aware and interested in “new” communication protocols (TCP/IP).
- Know and use UML/SysML modelling language.
- Have experience in developing systems under ARP 4754.
In a nutshell, we are looking for someone with:
- 5-10 years of experience in Electronic Engineering and communication busses.
- A systems engineer profile, expert in interfaces at both hardware and software level.
- Knowledge of the aeronautics industry and its specific set of constraints.